Bride & Groom's Wedding Responsibility
- Decide budget and wedding plans.
- Choose wedding party attendants. Choose clothing for best man, groomsmen and bride's attendants.
- Buy gifts for their attendants.
Bride's Wedding Responsibilty
- Discusses budget with fiancé and parents.
- Sets date, time and place of wedding and reception.
- Selects wedding dress and accessories.
- Books caterer, wedding and reception entertainment, florist, photographer, videographer and bakery.
- Helps compile the guest list
- Orders invitations, thank-you notes and personal stationery.
- Buys groom's wedding band.
Groom's Wedding Responsibility
- Helps compile the guest list.
- Buys the wedding ring.
- Gets the marriage license and any other legal documents.
- Pays for and arranges honeymoon.
- Pays for brides' bouquet, going-away corsage, corsages for both mothers and close female relatives on either side.
- Supplies boutonnieres for himself and male attendants.
Matron of Honour's Wedding Responsibilties
- Assists the bride any way she can.
- Pays for her own gown and accessories.
- Supervises bridesmaids.
- Helps bride get ready before the ceremony and before departure from the reception.
- Holds the groom's ring during the ceremony.
- Arranges the bride's veil and train and holds the bouquet during the ceremony.
- Signs the marriage certificate as a witness.
- May assume responsibility to transport the bride's gown and gifts home.
Best Man's Wedding Responsibities
- Signs the marriage license as a witness.
- Assists the groom in any way he can.
- Oversees the ushers.
- Holds bride's wedding ring during the ceremony.
- Makes sure ceremony officiant is paid.
- Helps newlyweds prepare for honeymoon departure.
- Makes sure that all men's rental clothes are returned after the wedding.
Mother of the Bride
- Usually acts as hostess of the reception .
- Helps the bride compile the guest list, arrange details of ceremony and reception.
- Keeps the bride's father and groom's parents informed about wedding plans.
- Is afforded special honor at the wedding service and is seated last.
- Sits in place of honor at parents' table.
Father of the Bride
- Rides to the ceremony with the bride.
- Escorts the bride down the aisle, then joins his wife in the front row.
- Keeps an eye on the bar and champagne supply.
- Makes a short toast at the reception.
Wedding Planning Help Home
Wedding Quotes | Wedding Invitation Wording